Online Eco-leadership Programme
Do you know how many insect species live in Hong Kong? 10,000, 20,000 or 30,000? No one knows the exact number, but for sure, they exceed any other groups of animals or plants in terms of diversity. Another certainty is the paramount role that insects play in the functioning and health of ecosystems, even if these roles are often underappreciated or even misunderstood by most people.
Nature Discovery Park and the School of Biological Sciences of The University of Hong Kong co-developed the online eco-leadership programme, which aims to introduce the ecological importance of biodiversity and participants will learn about the direct resources insects provide to human, as well as the influence they have in science and art.
Date: Self-paced with all modules to be completed by 30 Sep 2020
Part 1: Little insects keep the world moving.
Part 2: Service-oriented little insects – why not!
Part 1: Love art, love science = love insects! Insects benefit various aspects in our lives.
Part 2: How are insects collected responsibly? Are they everywhere?
Part 1: Learn insect-inspired “morse code” and share scientific facts confidently!
Part 2: Insects have superhero capabilities too, what would they be?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Come visit the pop-up store by C.P.U. x New Balance to find your next statement piece! New Balance hot items will be launched with limited quantity, including 327 series which reinterprets the legendary classic design of the brand in classic colours of the 70s style.
Upon spending of HK$1,200 at the pop-up store, you will also have a chance to get a START FROM ZERO Tote Bag or Simple Union Shoelaces, and participate in DIY workshops brought to you by these two local handcraft brands. (Available on a first-come-first-served basis while stocks last)
Date: 2020.9.12 (Sat) - 10.11 (Sun)
Time: 12:30pm – 7:30pm
Venue: K11 Atrium, G/F, K11 Art Mall
Terms & Conditions apply. Photos are for reference only. K11 reserves the right to amend the programme without prior notice.
• The K11 Art Box package includes art making materials and a video course for kids aged 3 - 6 years old
• Materials will be delivered straight to your home. Simply learn from the video anytime, anywhere at your own pace
• Guided by an experienced Orff Music and art tutor, you can join the K11 virtual art tour and appreciate Paola Pivi’s 1,2, cha cha cha. Learn about body movement and create your work of art
• Learn about animals, colours, lines and symbols, as well as rap, staccato and legato in music through Orff Music
• Encourage family interaction and enjoy precious family time by creating an animal spray painting together
• To know more about what's inside the K11 Art Box, click here
Indulge in the jewellery-transformed world with LOMOGRAPHY’s INSTA-MOMENT experience.
How does a display change the perception of the displayed subject? How can jewellery be exhibited and understood in a contemporary dialogue?
Artist Vann Kwok seeks alternative ways to discuss how jewellery is understood in relation to the setting it is being presented. Kwok extends her material language and aesthetics into a surreal home-setting, juxtaposing jewellery with our everyday surroundings. The jewellery-transformed objects present a universe of materiality; together they describe a composition of vivid colours, metamorphic shapes and unusual surface textures.
You're invited to walk into Kwok’s whimsical world which serves as an abstract narrative to address jewellery’s transition from tangible art installations into an intangible visual experience.
Music by SEEAHOLE music curation
Indulge in VANN’s surreal world through the lens and explore film and fashion aesthetics. Try out the LOMO’Instant Wide for instant photos and Lomography Simple Use Film Camera Color Negative 400 for analogue photography with colour filters.
• Instant Photo Experience
• Instant Photo Experience + Analogue Photography Package (Top up with $100)
• Instant Photo Experience + Analogue Photography Package for 10 persons (1-hour private event). For bookings and timeslot availability, please contact the chi K11 art space hotline at 2136 8388.
* Children aged below 12 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian.
***chi K11 art space will be temporarily (or partially) closed for hosting event. The Experience store will resume to normal afterwards. Thank you for your kind understanding.
- 2020.09.23, WED, 2pm - 5pm
- 2020.09.26, SAT, 3:30pm - 9pm (Zone 1 closed)
- 2020.10.03, SAT, 1pm - 4:00pm (Zone 4 closed)
The next big thing in style is YOU.
K11 gathers various local brands at K11 Market Style Edition, where you will find trendy fashion products and artistic handicraft. Dare to be bold. It’s time to be the real you.
Date: 2020.9.12 – 10.25 (Every Sat & Sun)
Time: 11:00am – 9:00pm
Venue: 1/F & 2/F, K11 Art Mall
Select products are also available at K11 eShop. Enjoy 11X KLUB POINTS* upon any purchases and free delivery upon spending HK$500!
*11X KLUB POINTS only applicable to KLUB 11 Gold Card Members or above.
Participating Brands on 18 - 20 Sept^:
1. COLE COOL
2. ABC Leather Workshop
5. Playful socks
7. H House - Health & Lifestyle Store
8. The Layers
9. TRIM STUDIO
10. 朋友谷 手作飾物店
12. CASPAR HOUSE
14. Pisces’ Secret Creative Accessory
15. Katland Studio
16. OYTY Handmade Leather Studio
18. Madeby_Meow 喵製
20. 作飾時間 Handmade Schedule
21. WTF Handmade
^Business extension for K11 Shopathon:
2020.9.18 (Fri): 5:00pm - 10:00pm
2020.9.19 - 9.20 (Sat & Sun): 11:00am - 10:00pm